Karl Darlow insists he'll never stop 'fighting' for his Newcastle team-mates after returning to side

thanloeuth

Karl Darlow insists he'll never stop 'fighting' for his Newcastle team-mates after returning to side

Postautor: thanloeuth » 4 sty 2018, o 07:59

Newcastle United goalkeeper Karl Darlow was dropped last month, but he has impressed since being restored to the XI

Obrazek
Stoke City's Mame Biram Diouf (second right) has a chance on goal during the Premier League match at the bet365 Stadium, Stoke. PRESS ASSOCIATION Photo.
Karl Darlow insists he will continue “fighting” for his Newcastle United team-mates after impressing since his return to the Magpies side.
was dropped last month, just four games after replacing Rob Elliot in between the sticks, after making mistakes in successive matches.

However, after Elliot suffered a thigh injury in training last week, sbobetsc Darlow was once again handed the gloves and he has since kept back-to-back clean sheets to help Newcastle claim four points from their last two matches.

The three excellent saves which Darlow made during the second half at the Bet365 Stadium proved crucial to United securing victory in their opening game of 2018.

“Of course it’s been pleasing for me recently. I just want to help the team do well and to help us climb this league,” Darlow said of his performances since his return to the starting line-up.

“Time and time again the manager has said that it’s a squad game and we know as players that we need to all be ready to come in and help out when we can.

“We’ve got to continue fighting for one another, which we do keep doing.

“I was pleased to get some reaction saves, some instinctive ones - the ones we work on in training. They were good saves and I was pleased to help the team get three points.

“It’s not great for a goalkeeper when conditions are like that [at Stoke]. It’s quite tough when it starts hammering it down.

“It was a good defensive display again, we were solid throughout and that gave us a base from which we could attack.

“Definitely it was the perfect way to start 2018. It was a massive game at Stoke given the positions of both teams in the table.

“The fight we showed during the game, as well as the passion and desire throughout, really sums up what this group is about.

“We always want to make sure we’re in a position to win the game, we fought until the end, dealt with all the high balls and crosses on what was a horrible day in Stoke.

“It goes to show we’re ready for the fight and we’re happy for the three points.”

Despite registering back-to-back away victories, Newcastle have failed to win at St James’ Park since mid-October.

host League Two Luton Town on Tyneside in the FA Cup third round on Saturday, and Darlow believes it is essential the Magpies return to winning ways on home soil given that they then face relegation rivals Swansea City at St James’ Park the following weekend.

“We want to do our best in every single match. The Premier League may be our priority because we desperately want to stay in this division, but a good run in the FA Cup is good for sbobetsc confidence and good for the squad,” Darlow added.