SEATTLE (AP) — Robinson Cano knows he wasn’t fluid or

liny195

SEATTLE (AP) — Robinson Cano knows he wasn’t fluid or

Postautor: liny195 » 4 kwie 2019, o 08:10

dazzling Monday night in his return to baseball.Especially returning to a completely new position at first base.The eight-time All-Star began his rehab assignment with the Seattle Mariners‘ Triple-A affiliate as he prepares for his return from an 80-game suspension for violating baseball’s joint drug agreement.He played eight innings at first base for the Tacoma Rainiers Willie McCovey Jersey , making three nice defensive plays. And in four plate appearances, he had a hit and walk before departing for a pinch runner in the eighth inning.“I am just happy to be back on the field,” Cano said. “The past few months, I have just been waiting for this day. I am happy that everything went good today.”Primarily a second baseman his entire career, Cano is expected to play first base, third base and some second base during this rehab assignment.At times Monday, Cano looked fidgety at first base.“It is really different,” Cano said. “You have to bend and stretch your legs. It is hard on me. Right now, everything is sore.”But he held his own at a new position.In the third inning, he applied a tag on Colorado Springs’ Dylan Moore during a stolen-base rundown. In the fifth, he scooped up a short-hop throw from third baseman Seth Mejias-Brean. And in the seventh Mel Ott Jersey , he stretched to snare Mejias-Brean’s high throw at the bag.Later in the seventh, Domingo Santana hit a sharp grounder at Cano, which deflected off the infielder’s glove. It was ruled a single.Cano said he put in a lot of work back in the Dominican Republic, and even consulted with Albert Pujols, of the Los Angeles Angels, and Edwin Encarnacion, of the Cleveland Indians about some of the nuances of playing first base.“The hard part, you have to keep in your mind on every ground ball, you have to go to the bag,” said Cano, who played first base for the first time in 2 http://www.giantsfanproshop.com/authentic-evan-longoria-jersey ,531 major- or minor-league career games. “That was the first thing I had in my head – don’t be late and be ready for every ground ball.”Cano is expected to serve as the Rainiers’ designated hitter on Tuesday. He will have Wednesday off, then go off to Single-A Everett for four games starting Thursday. After that, he is eligible to return to the Mariners on Aug. 14 while the team is in Oakland.Cano had not played a game in 85 days, not since fracturing the fifth metacarpal on his right hand after being hit by a pitch May 13 at Detroit. He was suspended two days later.He was hitting .287 with 23 RBIs in 39 games prior to his injury. The Oakland Athletics reportedly aren't willing to give up on Kyler Murray's baseball career just yet.Murray appeared to call it quits on a potential Major League Baseball career when he announced "I am firmly and fully committing my life and time to becoming an NFL quarterback," but Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reported Oakland still believes the Oklahoma product could suit up for its team.Rosenthal noted the A's have recently received "conflicting signals" from Murray and "believe Murray's statement was crafted by his football agent, Erik Burkhardt of Select Sports Group, to demonstrate an unwavering commitment to the NFL kind of commitment NFL teams wanted to hear."Oakland selected Murray with the No. 9 overall pick in the 2018 MLB draft but signed him to a contract that allowed him to play football for a season with the Sooners.Rosenthal noted the team always planned on allowing him to participate in the NFL Scouting Combine and still holds the "trump card" of being able to offer him a major league contract in addition to his $4.66 million signing bonus.While that, plus the injury risk and lack of consistent guaranteed contracts in the NFL, would seemingly favor a baseball career, Jon Taylor of Sports Illustrated highlighted the financial benefits of playing the quarterback position.He pointed out Baker Mayfield signed a $32.7 million deal with a $21.8 million signing bonus as last year's top overall pick, while even Lamar Jackson received a $9.5 million contract with a $4.7 million signing bonus as the No. 32 pick. Murray could also renegotiate his rookie deal after three years in football but would have to play six seasons prior to free agency in baseball even if he were immediately given a major league contract.According to Jeff Passan of ESPN Matt Williams Jersey , Murray will return $1.29 million of the $1.5 million in signing bonus Oakland gave him last year and then give up the other $3.16 million by March 1. While the Athletics have the right to put him on the restricted list, they will not receive a compensatory draft pick.Oakland allowed him to play football for the Sooners, and he took full advantage during the 2018 season with 4,361 passing yards, 1,001 rushing yards and 54 total touchdowns on his way to the Heisman Trophy and a College Football Playoff appearance. There are questions about his size, but he is the top dual-threat playmaker in the upcoming draft.Bleacher Report's Matt Miller projected him to go No. 7 overall to the Jacksonville Jaguars in his latest mock draft. Ohio State's Dwayne Haskins (No. 6) is the only quarterback projected to go ahead of Murray.