Can I hold my landlord liable

JoeClark

Can I hold my landlord liable

Postautor: JoeClark » 27 gru 2017, o 11:31

Hello,
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH
I received a 3 day pay to leave premise notice. It stated I did not pay December rent. On Dec 5th, I went to the rental office. Not only did I produce the western union money order, but based on reviews from other people on google, I actually took a short film of me depositing the rent into the rental drop box that clearly showed the money order, my address and the amount. It is time stamped as well (NOV 27 7:42pm)
This rental drop box is inside a building, outside of the rental office. At this current time, the money order has not been cashed.
Instead of calling me like they stated they would with their findings, they proceeded and now I have a scheduled eviction hearing on Dec 14th. I went back to the rental office and the property manager said it is out of his hands, the owner wants to pursue this unless I pay the rent+late fee.
I offered to stop payment on the western union money order and get a new one and pay. They will not accept my money unless I also pay the late fee. in 20 months of living here, I have never been late one single time on rent.
Since I have to take off work for this, can I hold them accountable for any monetary amount since they refuse to accept my video and receipt as proof I paid rent?

Please help.
Thanks,
I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.
References:https://forum.freeadvice.com/landlord-tenant-issues-42/can-i-hold-my-landlord-liable-640073.html

Creative Sales Promotional Video